Monday, August 9, 2010

Learning Hiragana

Oh, hiragana, you're so good at discouraging me to learn your syllabaries, but I'm back with a vengeance! Before learning, I should say relearning, Japanese, I think it's best to tackle the hiragana and katakana first. When I was back in Japan last year I realize not everything will be in romanji. So that's why I'm putting all my Japanese songs in its original format..... while putting romanji in parenthesis. Not only will this help me with hiragana and katakana, but also kanji. Gah, the kanji.


I've actually remembered the single lettered hiragana and the K's while knowing bits and pieces of the other sets. So for this session I'm planning on learning all these lovely beans by Sunday. Afterward, onward to katakana. I just really hope I can stay focus and not get sidetracked as I tend to do that often.

I'm actually using Japan About to go through hiragana and katakana. Abe-san has posted lessons on which way to do the strokes while providing an example word for each syllabary. When I'm not at the computer I use a free iTouch app called Kana (hiragana + katakana) by Monika Lempinska. Check out the snap shot below:

The app's sound quality isn't the best,
but I do like how I can write on the page. :)
I just wish it showed the stroke order.

I found this insanely catchy hiragana song made by GenkiJapanNet. I can't help but feel I'm at some educational night club while listening to it! Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment